Monday, February 11, 2013

adding a little cheese to the mix (mini recipe)

I love love looovvee a good home made baked chocolate treat. I recently have been using cream cheese in things since i loved it while pregnant. My mother make cream cheese brownies and I have fallen in love with them. Since I was a little girl she always made them with boxed brownie mix, which is really good, but makes me feel like a cheater. I recently took the brownie recipe I use and added her cream cheese topping to it to make some seriously delicious cream cheese brownies.
To add a little cheese to the mix all you have to do is take 8 oz of cream cheese softened (basically one package)
about 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 egg
and beat them together, I usually add the powdered sugar as I'm beating. You don't want it to be too dry. Ill add a picture soon and repost.
Once your brownie is made and in its pan pour the cream cheese mix on top and run a fork through it so you get little brown lines in the cream cheese and the cream cheese covers the whole brownie. cook like normal and you should have a delightful addition to a usual dessert.

Made these tonight with half the recipe:

I ran the fork all the way through the brownie to get the cream cheese to  the bottom, this also makes the brownie cook a little differently and you may want to add a little extra time and expect gooey instead of cake like.
 I also only made it on half the brownie because I like to keep some plain to put at the bottom of my ice cream ;-D

1 comment: